6 Things You Can Do for Family Health and Fitness Day
Family Health and Fitness Day is September 30, 2017. What is YOUR family doing to celebrate? Here are 6 Things You Can Do for Family Health and Fitness Day:
Did you know that we have Family Swim at Goldfish Swim School, and that you DON’T have to be a member to come swim with us? It’s true! Bring the entire family to the Goldfish Swim School location nearest you and dive right in (Well, maybe don’t dive, but walk on in)! Each location has different Family Swim times, so be sure to call first and reserve a spot.
Our pools are always set at a balmy 90 degrees, so mom and dad, you don’t have to worry about being too cold in the water! And we teach babies as young as 4 months old how to swim, so we absolutely do mean bring the ENTIRE family!
Fitness Obstacle Course
Gather the entire family and set up your own backyard fitness obstacle course and see who can complete it in the fastest time – or compete in teams to the finish! Here are some ideas for stations to include:
- Jump rope
- Jumping jacks
- Balance beam (use a wood beam or ribbon)
- Crab walk
- Practice swim strokes – no water necessary!
- Stand on one leg
- Toe touches
Pool Birthday Parties
Celebrate your child’s birthday while having a GOLDEN experience and getting some exercise in by having a birthday party at Goldfish Swim School! Our birthday parties allow up to 24 kids, and includes lifeguards, pool toys and life jackets if needed. Plus, WE take care of the details for you: Like invitations, decorations, tablewear, and more. Oh and did we mention your birthday party will have private access to the facility?
Healthy Meal Planning and Cooking
Kids learn healthy habits from watching us parents. Turn dinner into less of a chore and more into a family event with everyone having input into finding healthy recipes for dinner – AND include the kids in making meals! Try creating themes for each day of the week – for the fun factor and the simple ease of narrowing down ideas. Here’s a start:
- Meatless Mondays: Perhaps a veggie stir fry, eggplant parmesan, spaghetti squash pasta with diced veggies and olive oil, homemade black bean veggie burgers, or broccoli and cheese crepes?
- Taco Tuesday: Try them with black beans, refried beans, ground turkey, grilled chicken, whole wheat tortillas, or homemade salsa – or go bold and toss the ingredients into stuffed peppers!
- Pasta Wednesday: Use whole wheat or veggie noodles and make your own pasta sauce – tomato, pesto or even alfredo. Chop up fresh zucchini and squash for added flavor.
- Try It Thursday: As a family, pick out a new healthy recipe and expand those taste buds! Maybe roasted butternut squash with apples (perfect for fall), cauliflower patties, or even lasagna stuffed zucchini?
- Pizza Friday: Homemade pizza can be healthy and fun! Use a whole wheat crust, make your own pizza sauce, and have each family member put their own healthy toppings – think pineapple, broccoli, green peppers and other veggies – on their portions.
Mini 1 & 2 Swim Lessons
It’s always heartwarming to be able to teach your child a lifelong skill while you’re right alongside him or her, isn’t it? Well, that’s exactly what our Mini 1 and Mini 2 lessons at Goldfish Swim School do! You’ll be right there in the water with your little one, building on those special bonds while helping him or her learn to swim. Because fitness habits are more apt to stick when they start early, when they’re fun, and when they’re done together.
Neighborhood Nature Walk
Make Family Health and Fitness Day the start to a new routine: Walking around the neighborhood together every day. Spice things up a bit by looking for new things each day: How many different types of leaves and trees can you find? How many of your neighbors have dogs? Are there any animals or bugs lurking around? Gradually work your way up to walking longer distances each day…maybe even to a nearby Goldfish Swim School?!
Bring your family to Goldfish Swim School!
At Goldfish Swim School, we’re unlike anything you’ve seen before. Stop by a Goldfish Swim School location near you to see our WOW! customer service and how our instructors use integrity, compassion and trust to teach kids how to swim. You’ll be able to learn about the extraordinary results we provide and then sign up for swimming lessons!