Q: How much do lessons cost per month?
Find location nearest you to learn more about lesson pricing.
Q: Why do you promote perpetual, year round, swim lessons at your facility?
We promote and believe in year round swim lessons because children learn to swim and be safe in the water at a much faster pace with consistent year-round swim lessons. Our goal is to eliminate the mentality of seasonal swim lessons because this approach usually leads to the loss of gained swim skills resulting in wasted time and money.
- Perpetual Lessons also provide a more affordable option for members to pay for swim lessons. Monthly lesson payments eliminate patrons having to come up with such a large sum of money at the beginning of each session.
- Perpetual lessons provide clients with a consistent day and time until they choose to make a change. We don’t rearrange our schedule every 3 months which provides a more consistent swim lesson experience for both the students and parents.
Q: When can I sign up for lessons?
Anytime! Our lessons are perpetual based and not session based. We believe that a consistent year-round approach to swimming is necessary for children to learn how to swim and be safe in the water. Many of our locations have lessons 7 days per week, but to be safe, call your nearest location to confirm their swim lessons schedules.
Q: How do I register for lessons?
- Choose your child’s level (See level descriptions under swim lessons). If you are unsure of what level to sign up for, our sales staff will be happy to help with the placement of your child.
- Decide how many classes you would like to take per week. The monthly cost is based on your child taking one class per week. Your child will receive a multiple class discount (7% per class) if you choose to take 2+ classes per week. (Group lessons only)
- Call or stop by Goldfish Swim School and we will register your child for lessons.
- Reserve your class spot with a credit card, debit card or checking/savings account.
- Lastly, remember to show up 15 minutes prior to your child’s first lesson. At that time,we will have you fill out our Swim Lesson Registration Form to finalize your booking. As a reminder, your child will not be able to swim until this form has been completed and turned into Goldfish Swim School.
- You may also register online for lessons, however, not all of our locations offer online registration, so please check the specific location page to see if that option is offered.
Q: How do I pay for lessons?
Families will have two options to pay for swim lessons:
- Automatic debit from a checking or savings account.
- Members will have either their checking or savings account debited on the 1st day of every month for the upcoming months swim lessons. To withdraw from swim lessons, families will need to provide Goldfish 30 days advanced written notice. Withdrawal forms will be provided at the front desk.
- Automatic debit from a credit card or debit card.
- Members will have their credit card or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express) debited on the 1st day of every month for the upcoming months swim lessons. To withdraw from swim lessons, families will need to provide Goldfish 30 days advanced written notice. Withdrawal forms will be provided at the front desk.
Q: Why do you charge, in advance, the prorated amount for lessons when I first sign up?
Because our schedule is very full, we cannot reserve a spot without payment. For your benefit and for scheduling purposes we cannot allow members to hold spots without payment.
Q: How do I withdraw from lessons?
In order to cancel your child’s swim lessons, a completed withdrawal form must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the last lesson. Withdrawal forms can be found at our front desk. If emailing a withdrawal form, please confirm receipt. Handwritten letters or typed emails will not be accepted as a form of withdrawal. Thank you for your understanding!
Q: Why do you need to give 30 days notice before withdrawing from a class?
There are two reasons. First, due to the popularity of our programs there tends to be a long wait list with families ready to fill an open spot. By getting 30 days notice, we are able to give them ample time to adjust their schedules and, often, cancel other swim lessons with another company so they can start with Goldfish. Second, the 30 days notice provides us time to determine our staffing needs, supplies and other operational adjustments.
Q: What if I join in the middle of the month?
You will pay the prorated amount for the month in which you are starting swim lessons plus any administration fees. You will then go into our automatic billing system for all future months.
Q: Do you offer make-ups for missed swim lessons?
There is a limit of 12 make-up lessons per calendar year while enrolled at Goldfish Swim School.
The following outlines the process:
- To qualify for a make-up lesson, you must call, email or cancel online before your scheduled lesson.
- Make-up lessons can only be booked up to one week in advance and can be used anytime while enrolled at Goldfish Swim School.
- Missed make-up lessons cannot be made up if we are not notified prior to the lesson.
- In lieu of a make-up lesson, you may choose a complimentary Family Swim.
- Cancellations of your enrollment will lead to a forfeiture of all unused make-up swim lessons not used before your last lesson. Please note: make-up lessons cannot be used to extend lessons.
- Make-up swim lessons with specific teachers cannot be guaranteed.
- All missed private or semi-private lessons may not be able to be made up in a private or semi-private lesson.
Q: Do you offer refunds, credits or transfers at Goldfish Swim School?
Due to operational costs, no refund, credits or transfers will be issued at Goldfish Swim School.
Q: How long does my child attend lessons?
Our classes are perpetual which means they continue indefinitely until you turn in a withdrawal form. However, our recommendation is that your children stay enrolled in our program until they have graduated from our Pro Level and moved on to the Goldfish Swim Team.
Q: If I want to pull out of lessons, can you guarantee that my day, time and teacher will still be available when I return?
When you choose to pull out of lessons that spot is now available to other students to book into. We will do our best to work with your schedule and your request for specific teachers but we cannot guarantee that there will be a spot for you when you return. If you are extremely inflexible with your day, time and teacher choice then we suggest you stay in lessons even if you are going to miss a few classes. We will offer you a make-up lesson for each class you miss. Throughout the year, those few lessons that you miss will not hinder your child learning to swim as much as pulling out of lessons all-together would.
Q: Now that I can enroll at any time, what happens when my child gets put in a class with other children that have been there for a while and are more advanced then my child?
Our staff knows how to identify skill differences in students in the same class and teach based on that. Therefore we know what skills your child should be doing in order to get placed in a specific level. All of our teachers have been trained to split teach levels (meaning some classes may be a blend of two similar levels or various skills). There isn’t always a “cookie cutter” level for students to fit in when they sign up. We are very flexible in working with each child’s individual strengths and weaknesses within each level. We are also constantly evaluating the students and making adjustments to help each child in the learn-to-swim process. Level names are changed as soon as the children advance beyond the skills required for that class.
Q: How do I change my day or time?
You may change your day or time by talking to our front desk staff. If no spot is immediately available we will do our best to make the changes as soon as openings become available. In addition, please feel free to check back with us as often as you would like for your preferred class time.
Q: Do I need to change classes when my child changes levels?
Classes tend to progress together. If this is not the case, we will speak to you about looking for a swim class more appropriate for your child.
Q: What if my class has only one or two students?
If a group class has only one or two students enrolled in it we do reserve the right to consolidate that class. (The same policy goes for semi-private lessons with only 1 enrolled student.)
Q: Can you guarantee my request for my favorite teacher?
Some of our students and many of our parents have become attached to their teachers. Our teachers are wonderful and we continue to make decisions regarding where teachers are placed based on our effort to provide the best swim experience possible for everyone. We know that different students respond to different teaching personalities. We will always try to accommodate these needs. We cannot guarantee a teacher and we will always reserve the right to change teachers if necessary.
Q: What happens when a teachers schedule changes during the course of that year but I can’t change my day and time?
All of our teachers go through an extensive hiring process and training period at Goldfish Swim School. They are all extremely qualified in teaching children how to swim and be safe in the water. We understand that you may have specific requests and we will do our best to meet those needs. However, we cannot control events that may occur in our teacher’s lives that may require them to change their schedules occasionally.