Welcome to our site! At Goldfish Swim School, we are proud to offer state of the art aquatic facilities dedicated entirely to indoor swim classes and programs for children 4 months and up. Below, you will find a little bit about the history of Goldfish Swim School as well as our Core Values and Core Focus. Enjoy and we look forward to seeing you in the pool!
The company’s idea was formed when Co-Founder, Jenny McCuiston, realized the demand for quality swim instruction after teaching swim lessons at a local swim club in the Summer of 2000. She became increasingly busy with customers, and her business grew steadily throughout the Summer. Then, in the Summer of 2004, Jenny decided to teach swim lessons at a nearby Country Club. Jenny, again, realized the great need for quality swim instruction as she regularly accumulated a waiting list and her clientele grew to record-breaking numbers for the club by Summer’s end.
So, with the help of her husband Chris, Co-Founder of Goldfish Swim School, they began researching the learn to swim industry in late 2004. They traveled the country learning from other swim school owners, traveled to several swim school conferences and began to develop their business plan. In early 2005, Jenny created the proprietary curriculum that they still use, and developed their rustic beach house decor, all from the kitchen of their home.
After 2 years of research, and a lot of hard work, Chris and Jenny opened Goldfish Swim School in Birmingham, MI on March 20, 2006. They opened Goldfish Swim School with over 500 students and, within two years, the business had grown to teach over 2,000 students per week. Several years later, they now employ over 40 staff and are currently in the process of Franchising their business throughout the Midwest with their first Franchise located in Farmington Hills, MI. (Currently there are 3 more Franchise’s under contract to be opened in the state of Michgan by the end of 2012.)
Meet the Founders:
- 16 time high school State Champion swimmer.
- 17 time Collegiate All-American at the University of Arizona.
- Qualified for 2 Olympic Trials
- Graduate with a degree in Early Childhood Development & Family Studies.
- Captain of the Michigan State University baseball team.
- Single season record holder for At Bats, Hits, and Doubles at MSU.
- Drafted by the Detroit Tigers Organization.
- Graduated with a BA in Finance from MSU.
To teach children how to swim and enjoy the water while making their experience Golden!
Extraordinary swim lessons in a child friendly environment.
- Golden Experience!
- Customer First
- Integrity, Passion and Trust
- Consistent Results
- Year-round swim instruction for children 4 months and up.
- Small class sizes. (Max 4:1 student to teacher ratio)
- Two heated indoor swimming pools kept at 90 degrees. (Air temperature kept at 92 degrees!)
- Experienced staff of Red Cross certified swim instructors.
- Proud member of the United States Swim School Association.
- State-of-the-art pool water purification system.
- Air conditioned viewing gallery for parents to watch lessons.
- Tropical decor.
- Unique and educational teaching equipment.
- Activity area for birthday parties and events. (i.e. Girl Scout parties, Sweet 16 parties, school year end parties)
- Snack Bar and Pro Shop. (Perfect for that after lesson snack or fun pool toy!)