Q: How much do lessons cost per month?
Visit each location page for individual school pricing.
Q: Why do you promote perpetual, year round, swim lessons at your facility?
We promote and believe in year round swim lessons because children learn to swim and be safe in the water at a much faster pace with consistent year-round swim lessons. Our goal is to eliminate the mentality of seasonal swim lessons because this approach usually leads to the loss of gained swim skills resulting in wasted time and money.
- Perpetual lessons also provide a more affordable option for customers to pay for swim lessons. Monthly lesson payments eliminate patrons having to come up with such a large sum of money at the beginning of each session.
- Perpetual lessons provide clients with a consistent day and time until they choose to make a change. We don’t rearrange our schedule every 3 months which provides a more consistent swim lesson experience for both the students and parents.
Q: When can I sign up for lessons?
Any-time! Our lessons are perpetual based and not session based. We believe that a consistent year-round approach to swimming is necessary for children to learn how to swim and be safe in the water.
Q: How do I register for lessons?
- Choose your child’s level (See level descriptions under swim levels). If you are unsure of what level to sign up for, our sales staff will be happy to help with the placement of your child.
- Decide how many classes you would like to take per week. The monthly cost is based on your child taking one class per week. Your child will receive a multiple child discount (7% per class) if you choose to take 2+ classes per week. (Group lessons only)
- Call or stop by Goldfish Swim School and we will register your child for lessons.
- Reserve your class spot with a credit card, debit card or checking/savings account.
- Lastly, remember to show up 15 minutes prior to your child’s first lesson. At that time,we will have you fill out our Swim Lesson Registration Form to finalize your booking. As a reminder, your child will not be able to swim until this form has been completed and turned into GSS.
Q: Why don’t you post your schedule online?
Goldfish has customized its schedule to meet the busy needs of parents, and because of that, the schedule changes daily. Since the schedule changes so frequently, we are not able to post class times online at the present time. Goldfish does, however, have the ability to make new bookings at any time, up to two weeks in advance. Please call or email a customer service representative today to schedule your class!
Q: How do I pay for lessons?
Families will have two options to pay for swim lessons:
- Automatic debit from a checking or savings account.
- Customers will have either their checking or savings account debited on the 1st day of every month for the upcoming months swim lessons. To withdraw from swim lessons, families will need to provide Goldfish 30 days advanced written notice. (Withdrawal forms will be provided at the front desk)
- Automatic debit from a credit card or debit card.
- Customers will have their credit card or debit card (Master Card, Visa, or American Express) debited on the 1st day of every month for the upcoming months swim lessons. To withdraw from swim lessons, families will need to provide Goldfish 30 days advanced written notice. (Withdrawal forms will be provided at the front desk)
Q: Why do you charge, in advance, the pro-rated amount for lessons when I first sign up?
Because our schedule is very full, we cannot reserve a spot without payment. For your benefit and for scheduling purposes we cannot allow clients to hold spots and then drop out at the last minute. We determine our staffing needs and class schedule based on enrollment.
Q: How do I withdraw from lessons?
Families who wish to withdraw from swim lessons will be asked to provide us with a 30 days written notice of their class cancellation. Withdrawal forms can be found at the front desk. Customers need to confirm that Goldfish Swim School has received their request. No verbal cancellation requests, hand written letters or typed emails will be accepted as an acceptable form of cancellation. Thank you for your understanding!
Q: Why do you need to give 30 days notice before withdrawing from a class?
Our wait list can tend to get very long and 30 days gives us sufficient time to cancel your enrollment and fill your class spot.. Also, we determine our staffing needs, supplies and other operational costs based on the enrollment for each month.
Q: What if I join in the middle of the month?
You will pay the pro-rated amount for the month in which you are starting swim lessons plus any administration fees. You will then go into our automatic billing system for all future months.
Q: Do you offer make-ups for missed swim lessons?
Yes! There is a limit of 12 make-up classes per calendar year while enrolled at Goldfish Swim School. To qualify for a make-up lesson, you must call and cancel before you miss your class. Make-up lessons can be booked up to one week in advance and can be used at any time while enrolled at Goldfish Swim School. Make-up lessons can only be used while currently enrolled in lessons and missed make-up lessons cannot be made up. A cancellation of your enrollment will lead to a forfeiture of all unused make-up swim lessons on your account. If you choose not to accept a make-up swim lesson for a missed class, we can offer you a complimentary family swim for the entire family. Please note: Make-up lessons cannot be used to extend lessons past your requested last class date. We cannot guarentee make-up swim lessons with specific teachers and we cannot guarantee that missed private or semi-private lessons can be made up in private or semi-private classes.
Q: Do you offer refunds, credits or transfers at Goldfish Swim School?
Due to operational costs, no refund, credits or transfers will be issued at Goldfish Swim School.
Q: How long does my child attend lessons?
Our classes are perpetual which means they continue indefinitely until you turn in a withdrawal form. However, our recommendation is that your children stay enrolled in our program until they have graduated from our Pro Level.
Q: If I want to pull out of lessons, can you guarantee that my day, time and teacher will still be available when I return?
When you choose to pull out of lessons that spot is now available to other students to book into. We will do our best to work with your schedule and your request for specific teachers but we cannot guarantee that there will be a spot for you when you return. If you are extremely inflexible with your day, time and teacher choice then we suggest you stay in lessons even if you are going to miss a few classes. We will offer you a make-up lesson for each class you miss. Throughout the year, those few lessons that you miss will not hinder your child learning to swim as much as pulling out of lessons all-together would.
Q: Now that I can enroll at any time, what happens when my child gets put in a class with other children that have been there for a while and are more advanced then my child?
We run on internal sessions at Goldfish. Therefore we know what skills your child should be doing in order to get placed in a specific level. All of our teachers have been trained to split teach levels (meaning some classes may be a blend of two similar levels or various skills). There isn’t always a “cookie cutter” level for students to fit in when they sign up. We are very flexible in working with each child’s individual strengths and weaknesses within each level. We are also constantly evaluating the students and making adjustments to help each child in the learn-to-swim process. Level names are changed as soon as the children advance beyond the skills required for that class.
Q: How do I change my day or time?
You may change your day or time by talking to our sales staff. If no spot is immediately available we will do our best to make the changes as soon as openings become available. In addition, please feel free to check back with us as often as you would like for your preferred class time.
Q: Do I need to change classes when my child changes levels?
Classes tend to progress together. If this is not the case, we will speak to you about looking for a class more appropriate for your child.
Q: What if my class has only one or two students?
If a group class has only one or two students enrolled in it we do reserve the right to consolidate that class. (The same policy goes for semi-private lessons with only 1 enrolled student)
Q: Can you guarantee my request for my favorite teacher?
Some of our students and many of our parents have become attached to their teachers. Our teachers are wonderful and we continue to make decisions regarding where teachers are placed based on our effort to provide the best swim experience possible for everyone. We know that different students respond to different teaching personalities. We will always try to accommodate these needs. We cannot guarantee a teacher and we will always reserve the right to change teachers if necessary.
Q: What happens when a teachers schedule changes during the course of that year but I can’t change my day and time?
All of our teachers go through an extensive hiring process and training period at GSS. They are all extremely qualified in teaching children how to swim and be safe in the water. We understand that you may have specific requests and we will do our best to meet those needs. However, we cannot control events that may occur in our teacher’s lives that may require them to change their schedules occasionally.